Going through all the email servers in the Internet it is probably that you find Hotmail as one of the most used and popular. This server, even when it doesn’t exist anymore, was the number one platform in 2012. Microsoft bought it in 2013 and changed its name to Outlook. It is, in essence, the same but it has a new design, better security and new options and tools. Its popularity went down a little bit, but a lot of people still use it. If you already have an account and you want to sign in Hotmail we will explain you how to do it on this post.
Since Hotmail went through a lot of changes, it is possible that sign in hotmail can be tricky. However, the process is very simple.
Follow these next steps to Hotmail account sign in carefully and you will be done is a few minutes:
- The first thing you need to do to access Microsoft Outlook is going to the main page. You can use live.com; www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com; it doesn’t matter which one you use because all of them will take you to the same page.
- You will see in here a blue button that says sign in. Click on it and wait a few seconds. It will take you to a new page.
- Once you are here, you will see a box where you need to type in your email address. This one has to be completed by @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com; once you are done click on the next button.
- Now you will see a new box where you need to write your password. Be careful with the uppercase and symbols. Once you are done with this, click on next.
- (Optional) If by any chance you forgot your password, you can click on the option “did you forget your password?” below. This will help you to recover your account through your alternative email address or your phone number. In case you choose your alternative email address, you need to click on the link it’s sent to you. If you choose your phone number, the system will send you a code that you need to type in to access. Once you do this, you can reestablish your password. Create a new one that is easy to remember for you, so you won’t forget it again. But be careful, because it also has to be hard to guess for others.
It is done! You will now see how your inbox is loading and in a few seconds it will be ready. You can now see your messages, send emails, share information or use the huge amount of tools Microsoft offers you like OneDrive, OneNote, Msn Hotmail, Bing, Skype, Office, Flow and so much more.
As you can see, sign in Hotmail is very simple and quick. Even when the platform has changed, the process to have access to your account is pretty much the same. Keep in mind that if you still have trouble to access, you may have to get in touch with the support team of the company and they will help you with this.