Hotmail was a very popular platform a few years ago. Around 2011 and 2012 it was the number one most used email server in the whole world. But then, in 2013 Microsoft bought it and made changes starting with the name. Now it has a stronger security, a better design, more tools and its call Outlook. But one of the greatest benefits is that you can improve your privacy and security through the 2 steps verification. It is very useful and easy to do. So, on this post we will explain you what is this and how to Hotmail activate 2 steps verification:
The 2 steps verification or also known as 2 factor authentication is a process where you use your email, phone number or app to sign in into your account, especially if you are on a new device or location. Once you are login, it will send you a code to your email address, phone or app and you have to type in that code to access. This way, your account not only is safe by your password, but also this method extra. Currently, is one of the most used methods to access to Microsoft accounts, so if you want to know how to Hotmail activate 2 steps verification, keep reading these instructions:
- The first thing you need to do is going to the main page. You can do this by using live.com; www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com; all of these will take you to the same place. Now, you need to go to the Security Basics, you can click on here.
- Now you need to Hotmail account sign in and this is very simple. You just have to click on “sign in” button and it will take you to a new page. On this page, you have to type in your email address or username. Once you are done, click on next.
- Now you have to put your password. Remember the system is sensitive to uppercases and symbols. Once you are done, click on next.
- You will see now your inbox. Once you are here, you need to go to “More Security options”.
- You will see the option “Two steps verification” and under it you need to choose “Set up two steps verification”.
- Now it will show you the instructions to Hotmail activate 2 steps verification. You just need to follow them and be ready with your phone, app or email account.
You need to know that if you have it On all the time, you will need to use this method to Outlook email login all the time too. But, if you have it off you only need to use it when you are accessing through a new device, location or when it has been too long without using it. You also need to know that this method is not only for Hotmail but you need it for your Microsoft account and every other tool is related to it. Either way, we guarantee you that this process is way safer and secure than others.